All 2020 entrants to the SciFest Poetry Jam are invited to submit videos for the Virtual Reading!
Two video submissions will be chosen at random to each win a $50 Gift Certificate donated by Givens Books.
Submissions will be accepted any time through May 1, but only entrants received by April 5 at 11:59 pm will be eligible for the random prize drawing.
All submissions will be posted as submitted on the SciFest virtual website (www.randolphscience.org – Events – Virtual SciFest).
Other than what you choose to include in the video, identifying information that will be included with the video is only the first name of author and school, unless you explicitly request information to be included or excluded.
Please video tape the author reading the poem, and share a link to it with SciFest.
If you have not created and shared a video before, here is a quick guide:
- Video the author reading the poem using the video function on any smartphone.
- If you do not have a copy of your poem text, email firstname.lastname@example.org, and we can provide it.
- You do not need to edit the video, whatever you tape is likely to be just fine.
- Save the video from your phone to any file sharing location (see below for more information on doing this).
- Share a link to the location where you saved the video with email@example.com. This is usually a common function in the file-sharing service.
We will likely copy the video to the SciFest YouTube site before we post it.
Common places to store files to be shared (“file sharing”, “file hosting”, or “cloud storage”) includes
- Google Drive
All of these services have free versions, you just have to add the app for that service to your phone, create an account, and then you should be able to save the video directly from your phone to that site in most cases.